Cisco ASR 1001-X Router
Get High-Performance WAN Aggregation
The Cisco ASR 1001-X Router is a 1-rack-unit (1RU) platform targeted towards the low to medium Enterprise and Managed Service Provider use cases. Its compact form factor has a built-in Route Processor, Embedded Services Processor (ESP) and Shared Port Adapter (SIP) Interface processor.
Running Cisco IOS XE Software, the Cisco ASR 1001-X shares a common operating system, feature set, and management and troubleshooting tools with the rest of Cisco ASR 1000 family.
- Pay-as-you-grow forwarding thoughput is upgradable from 2.5 to 5,10, and 20 Gbps
- Built-in 2 X 10 GE accelerates 1 GE to 10 GE transition without additional hardware
- Expanded container app support is included for future virtual applications and services
- The compact 1RU form factor increases rack space and reduces power and cooling costs
The ASR 1001-X Router includes:
- High-performance security for crypto, firewall, and Network Address Translation (NAT) sessions
- Robust deep packet inspection performance at high throughputs for Cisco Application, Visibility, and Control
The ASR 1001-X Router provides Data Center Interconnect (DCI) Services to support Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV), Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) and Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS).